You have no items in your shopping cart.
Air Purification is not just a want, it’s a need for each and every person. This is due to the rising pollution levels that leave behind unsettling dust and harmful particles in the air we breathe. It is important that you choose a gadget that makes you feel safe every second you spend either at your houses or in your office space.
To take a specific view we are going to talk about a few very specific brands and how each one is best at what it does and will fit your very specific needs. The brands are Blueair, Honeywell, and Xiaomi respectively.
Things to Know Before Purchasing an Air Purifier
What is the first thing that comes to your mind when someone says,”Air purifier”? Probably, Purification and a brand that you can relate the word with.
Let us take into account these things.
HEPA Air Filters
HEPA (high-efficiency particulate absorbing) filters are the type of filters made from synthetic fiber that trap even the smallest particle( as tiny as 0.3µm or below). As such, HEPA filters can capture particulate pollution like PM2.5 and pollen.
They are stronger and more effective than ionic air filters and are therefore preferred by sensitive applications They can remove up to 99.97 percent of airborne particles, making them extremely effective air sanitizers.
Because of HEPA filters’ high level of efficiency, they can be really helpful for those living inpolluted areas, or if your concern is pollen or pet allergens, a HEPA filter is what you need.
All three companies taken into account produce Air Purifiers with HEPA Filtration.
- Blueair - Blueair 650E Air Purifier, Blueair Pro L Air Purifier, Blueair Pro XL Air Purifier
- Xiaomi - Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 3
- Honeywell - Honeywell Air Touch i8
Ionic Air Filters
Also called air ionizers, ionic air filters rely on voltage to charge air molecules. Typically, they produce negatively charged ions, also called anions, which then attract particles in the air, in much the same way as static electricity.
As the particles make contact with the anions, they are deionized and removed from the air stream.
Ionic air filters are commonly used in commercial air filtration but are also great for housesas they make the air in a room healthier for people to breathe, especially for people sufferingfrom allergies, asthma, and other respiratory-related ailments.
Blueair - Blueair 650E Air Purifier
Carbon Air Filters
Carbon can be treated with oxygen, which opens the carbon’s pores making it highly absorbent. After this treatment, carbon is said to be activated because it can readily be used to absorb particles and trap odors.
Carbon air filters use activated carbon to trap chemicals and gases, and can also filter cigarette smoke.
As the air passes through the filter, the activated carbon absorbs the odors and gasses and neutralizes them. For seriously odiferous fumes, activated carbon can be impregnated or enhanced so as to absorb the given gas.
Activated carbon filters are well-suited to environments where chemicals must be removed from the air.
UV Light Air Filter Types
Ultraviolet light air filters use a reaction that occurs when titanium dioxide is exposed to UV light. As the air stream encounters the photo chemical process, harmful particles, such as mold and bacteria, are neutralised.
How effective UV light filters are is contingent upon the length of exposure (how long the air stream is subjected to the light) and the intensity of the light itself.
These are designed to kill bacteria. However, the US Environmental Protection Agencyclaims most UV filters don’t even kill bacteria. This is because the air passes too quicklythrough the UV light.
UV filters won’t protect you from PM2.5, pollen, or hazardous gases.
Fits your needs
Your needs can include -
The size of an air purifier
To choose the right size air purifier for your needs, consider the square footage of the room you want to purify.
If you have allergies or asthma and are looking for an air purifier to help manage your symptoms, you should also consider an air purifier’s air change per hour (ACH) rate. ACH refers to the number of times an air purifier can filter the entire volume of air in the treatment space each hour.
Air purifiers that can clean the air in a space at least four times per hour are mostly the best for allergy and asthma sufferers (but we would still want you to confirm it with your health specialists) . A rate of four air changes per hour also ensures that the air purifier thoroughly cleans the air and filters out as many microscopic symptom-triggering allergens as possible to keep you breathing easy.
Our air purifiers are sized for four air changes per hour. Use these guides:
- Small: These air purifiers are designed for personal space or rooms up to 299square feet.
- Medium: Find an air purifier for rooms between 300 and 699 square feet.
- Large: Use these air purifiersin rooms between 700 and 1,900 square feet.
The features of an air purifier
After choosing the type and size of the air purifier you need, consider whether or not you'd like any special features.
- You should definitely take a look at air purifiers that are Energy Star-rated by the EPA. It will save you energy as well as it amounts less.
- You can also find wi-fi air purifiersthat are easy to control and can be easily controlled by you from your phone.
- Air quality indicators give real-time updateson the quality of your air. ● Other features include caster wheels, handles for easy mobility, remote controls, multiple fan speeds, and filter change indicators which can be chosen by you as per your needs
Your very specific needs
- Allergies: If you have allergies, you should choose an air purifier designed for allergyrelief. They typically have multiple filters, including HEPA filters, to remove indoor allergens.
- Asthma: If you suffer from asthma or if your symptoms are triggered by odor and chemical pollutants, you'll want toconsider an asthma air purifieror an odor andchemical air purifier. These air purifiers contain added odor and chemical filtration as well as HEPA filters for allergen particle removal.
- Smoke: Smoke Stop air purifiersare specifically designed to remove smoke, fireplace soot, and other associated fumes that could aggravate existing respiratory conditions or cause unpleasant odors in your environment.
- Pets: Select air purifiers are designed specifically for handling pets--they remove pet dander, odors, and hair.
Our Staff at 52-A, Khan Market New Delhi, India 110003 can always assist you better in choosing the best products for you and you can also contact us at any of these numbers +919811227022, +91 9899895000, 011 47078686/8787 for more information.